Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Toscane

HI all, I am back. Took a while to make a post, but I have been busy and been away for little more then a week. I went to Toscane. I can recommend Florence and Siena to everyone. What a great cities those are. Especially Siena stole a piece of my heart. The way the innertown looks and feels is what I expected of Toscane. The people of Siena have a passion for a tradition they have done for a very long time. The Palio. A horserace where every part of the city has it's own horse and rider with race for the district. The great thing is, every part has its own animal, colours and coat of arms. The passion they have for it is great. Everywhere you see those coats of arms and you can buy things about it.


I let myself go and bought 2 parchments with coats and a map of the city with the districts, bought a 2 flags (1 small and 1 larger) and 2 patches. I choose La Onda; the waves.


No comments: